Well, I was recently reminded, its summer. The other day I heard a pair of these Polk Audio Atrium4 Indoor/Outdoor speakers outside on someones deck. They were some of the best outdoor speakers I've heard. Here's you're solution. Finally you won't have your guests sitting on your stereo because your stereo took the last seat :)
With the speed lock mount built in these speakers are extremly mobile allowing you to simply move your speakers anywhere, from outside to anywhere in your home. 80w RMS power handling allows most home theater receivers to power these speakers effectively. (For an explaination of RMS power you can look here)
From the manufacturer:
|No more running inside. Enjoy the Rain!|
The Atrium 4 meets our newly established weatherproof standards, nor does it compromise on sonic
performance. The Atrium 4's high quality driver and tweeter deliver an impressively big sound from a very small package. Yet its compact size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations. By the pool, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. Like our bigger Atriums, the Atrium4 is built rugged to deliver years of great performance fall, winter, spring and summer.
NEW Speed-Lock™ Mounting System
- for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations. The greatly simplified mounting procedure means fewer parts to "juggle." Simply mount the bracket and click the speaker into place. Aim it and tighten it down, and fini! Outdoor convenience, indoor sound quality!
- New bracket also has a 45-degree down angle. Why adjust a speaker to a 45-degree angle, when we can design a mounting bracket that lets you install the speaker at that angle permanently? It's another feature of Atrium's new mounting system and a simple, elegant solution.
- Dynamic Balance®-A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry. Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques. This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
- Klippel Optimization-By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels. Click here for a technical explanation.
The compact Atrium4 Loudspeaker produces high fidelity sound quality anywhere you want great sound. It's small size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations. By the pool, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. Like our bigger Atriums, the Atrium4 is built rugged to deliver years of great performance fall, winter, spring and summer.
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 3/4" (19mm) anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
- Broad coverage baffle design, adapted and applied from our current Atrium design but with subtle improvements in the new Atrium Series. You want to fill a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound, The new Atrium Series has a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing the detail.
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Certification means Atrium Speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst Mother Nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains. With Certification like this, your kitchen or bathroom installation is a cakewalk for Polk Audio All-Weather speakers.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with molded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for truly great sound, no matter what the weather.
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure the perfect materialperformance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- Aluminum grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, dependable hookups.
- Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
|Forgot to mention. The atrium 4 comes in White or Black.|
I would definitely recommend these speakers. Polk Audio has been a reputable speaker manufacturer for 50+ years and specifications and pitch that these can handle weather is not an exaggeration. I know someone who has left them out in winter and through rains of spring and the audio quality has not degraded.
The mounting system is simple, allowing for setting up speakers that aren`t in the way and look good. This mounting system also allows your speakers to be moved around simply. They work great in wide spaces, and they are tough, able to handle what the weather will dish out. Oh ya, with the larger than usual outdoor speaker woofer size at 4.5 inches, they sound great with an effective full range of sound with good base response and clear highs.
Once you've installed these speakers you can let the summer debauchery begin. Those boring days on the deck with no sound or no room for anything but your system are over. Leave those days behind you, its a thing of the past.
There's no turning back!