Apart from the headline 3D capability, this is also a universal player, which means it spins Super Audio CD and DVD-Audio, too. A USB port and DLNA 1.5 support also boost the deck's multimedia credentials.
Around the back, a single HDMI v1.4 port, a separate set of analogue stereo outputs for pure audio playback, component and composite video ports and a coaxial digital audio output.
The deck will also slot beautifully into a custom install setup with RS232 and remote control input/output.
Stable net link
This device has an ethernet connection that allows direct connection to your network. This allows you to play any format of video stored on your computer through the blu-ray. You can also player. It also allows you to play them from external devices via the front USB port, or from discs.This device is DLNA certified.
Onscreen presentation is simple but effective. The Home menu sports just four icons – Media Player, YouTube (greyed out on my sample, as it is a firmware update), Setup and Quit. Choose Setup and you're greeted by a pleasant GUI with a bright colour palette and a straightforward structure. The cursor responds quickly to any command, making for a hassle-free user experience.
This is where the DBP-2012UD shows its true videophile colours, boasting a list of tweaks that stretches far beyond your average budget player. You can adjust the contrast, brightness, gamma, sharpness and hue, as well as individual white, black and setup levels and 3D, block and mosquito noise reduction. Your settings can be stored in five memory presets, which will be useful if you want to calibrate it for different viewing conditions.
Key components, include 32-bit/192kHz Burr-Brown DACs, Anchor Bay ABT2015 upscaling and an Analog Devices 12-bit Video DAC. The disc mechanism is also identical, as is the socket-fit (bar some very minor differences). None of this is meant to detract from the Denon’s appeal in any way: quite the opposite, in fact.
In specifications/features summarized:
- A Universal Blu-ray disc player that also supports Super Audio CD and DVD-Audio formats
- Supports Blu-ray 3D playback
- Network functions, to bring you a wealth of online content
- Support Deep Colour, "x.v.Colour", High-Bit-Rate Audio output and HDMI control function
- High quality 32-bit/192kHz audio digital to analogue converters
- High quality 12-bit video digital to analogue converter
- USB port on the front
- Quick play
- Direct Mechanical Ground Construction, to suppress vibration and ensure high-quality HD sound and video
- Independent Block Construction, for faithful playback of audio and video signals
- Denon's high picture quality circuitry, to visually enhance your sources
- Advanced High-bit I/P Scaler, for a more detailed picture and depth in colours
- 1080p/24 video output, to bring out the full quality of film
- Deep colour support
- "x.v.Colour" support
- 3-D digital noise reduction
- HDMI source direct mode to output native resolution of the disc
- Picture adjustments
- Gold plated terminals for high sound quality