Looks like I'm not the only one with this frame of thought.
Day by day, Battlefield 3 is launching in more territories, and our first review scores are in! Let's take a look at what the experts are saying...
- "This is a huge game by anybody's standards, with a comprehensive singleplayer, meaty co-op and gargantuan multiplayer, delivering more content than several of today's triple A titles combined." - 5/5 GameSpy.com
- "With dozens of players battling across nine massive maps in tanks, jeeps, helicopters, jets, or on foot, multiplayer matches feel like a genuine war rather than a small-scale skirmish." - 9.5/10 GameInformer.com
- "...the multiplayer component is worth the price of entry alone.” - A- 1UP.com
- “Battlefield 3 offers an unforgettable, world-class multiplayer suite that's sure to excite shooter fans, whether they fired their first bullet in Battlefield 1942 or have just now heeded Battlefield's call of duty.” - 9/10 IGN.com
- “But when DICE is doing what it's always done best, Battlefield 3 is a uniquely mesmerizing multiplayer game with a seemingly endless number of ways to feel like a success.” - 4.5/5 Joystiq.com
It appears I wasn't the only one who expected this result either. While I ordered it and received it a day before release many all over the world were out there midnight release date to get their copy.
Now regarding the release:
Thanks to Sony’s exclusive sponsorship, PS3 gamers will have one week early access to Back to Karkand (included as part of Battlefield 3’s Limited Edition) as well as future expansion packs.