The JBL On Air was featured earlier this year at CES in Las Vegas. I normally have no interest in such a product but this has streaming features and is very versatile, making it the first of its kind.
The On Air Wireless dock will not only let you play your tunes from a docked iPhone or iPod, but also send audio over WiFi from iOS devices including the iPad and your computer. It will support audio wirelessly from any iOS 4.2 or later iPad, iPod or iPhone, as well as the iTunes library on Macs and Windows.
JBL’s speaker features an interesting design, and it comes with a large color LCD display that displays album artwork while streaming your music. In addition, the LCD display is used to show clock information, current FM radio station, and configure the speaker dock with your local WiFi network.
Heres a video that describes its vast array of uses and features. This product looks solid.
JBL has produced a solid product here.....I like it.
|Mac & Windows compatible|
- With the included clock and dual alarms, two people can wake at different times to music on an iPod or iPhone, the FM radio or a buzzer tone.
- AirPlay wireless streaming of your entire iTunes music collection and Internet radio with playback control (play/pause, skip forward/backward), track metadata display (if available) and full-color album artwork display
- Three JBL transducers provide a rich soundstage with HALO (Horizontal Acoustic Level Optimization) technology.
- AirPlay wireless streaming of your entire iTunes music collection.
- Internet radio with playback control (play/pause, skip forward/backward), track metadata display (if available) and full-color album artwork display
- Easy access to your favorite music, news and talk programming with FM radio with RDS and 10 station presets
Take a look here if you're interested. This thing could make a lot of peoples lives much easier.