Buffalo Technology MiniStation Stealth 1 TB USB 2.0
- Super-slim, lightweight design saves space for ultimate portability
- Turbo PC increases file transfer rates by up to 2X over competing USB 2.0 portable hard drives
- Preformatted hard drive is ready for immediate use with Windows and Mac
- Perfect companion for your laptop or notebook - no external power needed
- ECO Manager conserves energy and battery power
Now if you require the USB 3.0 compatibility just buy the 3.0 version to the right the USB 2.0 is to the left below here. Same price.
Hewlett Packard HP Portable 1 TB USB 3.0/2.0 External Hard Drive
USB 3.0 + USB 2.0 - This portable hard drive offers USB 2.0 connectivity for today and USB 3.0 speed for tomorrow.
Transfer files up to 3x faster than USB 2.0 - Connect to a USB 3.0 port to access and save files up to 3x faster than when connected to a USB 2.0 port. You can transfer a 2-hour HD movie in just under 5 minutes instead of over 14 minutes.
*Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
SimpleSave™ backup software - There's no need to install and learn software; it's practically hands-free. The backup software finds all your valuable data and, after the first backup, it frequently checks for file changes so your backup is always up to date.
HP reliability - Feel confident knowing you are buying from HP, a trusted brand known around the world. This drive is designed to work seamlessly with your HP notebook or desktop computer.
High capacity in a compact design - This stylish drive features maximum capacity to store all your important files. Its compact design makes it easy to drop in a pocket or purse and take with you anywhere.
USB-powered - Powered directly from the USB port on your computer. No separate power supply is needed.
HP Portable box
- Connecting with your USB 2.0 port today
- Using with USB 3.0 when you upgrade your computer
- Transferring files up to three times faster than USB 2.0
- Backing up your important files and taking them with you
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music
What's in the box:
Portable hard drive, USB cable, SimpleSave software, Quick Install Guide.
Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7
These products are both slim drives that require no power(just usb power) and the have the same disk space. The option for USB 2.0/3.0 is available for both products(The HP one supports both, whereas you would have to choose one or the other with the Buffalo).
Of the two, many would say HP is a more reputable and solid product. Not me. I find you'll pay more for the same product quality or life expectancy in a lot of situations. As a result I'm going with the cheaper buffalo drive for a small, convienient, attractive and cheap storage solution.