If you've read the previous reviews, just cut to the end to see the additional features.
- 7-channel 735W = 105W x 7 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD)
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
• 7-channel powerful surround sound, 735W = 105W x 7 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD)
• HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
• Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels
• Direct Mode for high quality sound reproduction
• Low jitter PLL circuitry helps optimise sound imaging
• Assignable amplifiers for bi-amp connection
• 1080p-compatible HDMI: 6 inputs (1 on front) and 1 output
• Supports Deep Colour (30/36 bit), x.v.Colour, 24Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
• HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
(HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras)
As you can see in the diagram here this ARC allows elimination of wires by allowing you to connect HDMI Devices directly into your receiver with just one HDMI cable and only one cable into your TV.
• SCENE buttons (BD/DVD, TV, CD and Radio)
• Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
• iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel
• Multi-language on-screen display GUI including album art
• YPAO sound optimisation for automatic speaker setup
• HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras
• Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
• Ability to change HDMI input while in Standby Through mode
• iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
• Wireless connection for iPod/iPhone with optional YID-W10
• Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with optional Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
• Background video feature (for tuner and USB only)
• HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programmes)(see below)
• Compressed Music Enhancer with CINEMA DSP
• Virtual Presence Speaker function for CINEMA DSP 3D surround without Front Presence Speakers
• Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) and Adaptive DSP level
• SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
Cinema DSP 3D This is an upgraded version of CINEMA DSP that uses the two presence speakers in the 7-channel configuration to give the sound field an enhanced vertical dimension. Hi-Fi DSP programs sound more natural, closer to the feeling of being in a concert hall with a high ceiling or a club where the sound seems to bounce up from the floor. CINEMA DSP programs have a greater feeling of height that gives sounds coming from above more precise localization.
As mentioned before the Yamaha RX-V671 has all the features Yamaha is offering. It has Yamaha RX-V671everything the previous models have and in addition, some of the main features, most importantly in my opinion, the networking feature:
Use in a Home Network for More Music, Easy Control
iPhone AV Controller AppThis AV Controller App will turn your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for the RX-V671. This App provides the flexibility to control input, volume, mute and power commands. You can browse content from all internally available sources such as Internet Radio, USB and AM/FM tuners. You can also control all AV Receiver zones such as powering on and changing input for each zone. It's great to have all this control at your fingertips.
Here's a vid explaining a little about the networking for all you visual learners or those who can't or dont read :)
Analog and HDMI Video Upscaling to Full HD 1080p
This model also features extremely precise motion adaptive and edge adaptive deinterlacing and multi-cadence detection (including 3-2 pull-down).
(Totally underated feature here. I'll tell you, I've had receivers that jack my Electric bill up noticable amounts. No one needs extra costs)
• Auto power down function with variable time setting
• Low Standby Power Consumption of 0.1W
• Low Standby Power Consumption of 1.2W (HDMI Standby Through mode)
On top of the above added features, this model RX-V671 also has 2 zones. Oddly enough none of the lower models have 2 zones but when push comes to shove.......If you have the money to pick up this model? Do it. This receiver is brand new and has all the features you'll need to last you through all the advances in new technology. Being still only $100-$200 difference from the other models the benefits and cost savings in a home theater setup are definitely worth it. The networking feature will allow you to use your current PC or whatever medium you're using to play your media to play directly through your receiver without the need of extra hardware like a media box or PS3 etc. In turn saving you $200-$500 just to start. Realistically, ideally we would all pay what it takes but again, if this isnt an option take a look at one of the other models or feel free to browse the menu under receivers.Yamaha RX-V471, Yamaha RX-V371 or the Yamaha RX-V571
Don't forget its summer out there, go enjoy the scenery.