Being the next up in the line the differences are simple (Besides the added 5W per channel making it 105wpc x 5)
USB Digital Connection for iPhone and iPod on the Front PanelA USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPhone/iPod, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPhone/iPod is transmitted directly to the AV Receiver, noise interference is minimized and sound quality is iPhone/iPod much better.
On-Screen Simple GUI (Graphical User Interface)This clean and simple interface makes setup and other operations extremely easy. The on-screen display can show album art, provides a choice of various languages and is visible over 3D images.
The remaining features are the same as the Yamaha RX-V371 previously reviewed.
Here are specifications and details:
Power and Processing:
- 105 watts x 5 into 8 ohms (1k Hz) at 0.9% THD
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD™ Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD™ High Resolution Audio
- Cinema DSP modes add richness and presence to music and movie soundtracks
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) for easy automatic speaker setup and more precise surround sound (microphone included)
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control keeps volume steady for more discreet late-night listening
- Silent Cinema for simulated surround sound via standard stereo headphones
- Compressed Music Enhancer for better sounding MP3s and other digital music files
Digital Music Options:
- direct digital connection for iPod® or iPhone® through front-panel USB input bypasses the iPod's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- iPod/iPhone video playback integration with system remote (requires optional Yamaha dock)
- play music wirelessly from compatible Bluetooth® devices (requires optional YBA-10)
Audio Performance Features:
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- Pure Direct mode switches off unnecessary circuitry to provide cleaner sound
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (4 in, 1 out)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 audio/video inputs (including 1 front-panel) with composite video
- 2 audio-only inputs
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 1 front-panel minijack audio input for connecting a portable player
- 1 pair of main speaker outputs
For those who don't read, here's a video explaination.