The previous two surround systems I had posted are as previously stated, a "last resort" or "only option" in my opinion. If you look in the menu above you'll find several options within the speaker section under "speaker packages" or under the "hometheaterbox" section that will give you countless high quality affordable options that will not only impress you but I would recommend (and will last you longer than one year).
Yamaha YHT-495 5.1 Channel 500 Watt HTiB System
What we have here is a solid Affordable home theater in a box developed by Yamaha. The first thing you must know when buying a system is that power ratings (eg.100w or 1000w..etc) and several other specifications can be extremely misleading and as a result you should understand which are accurate and which aren't. You can take a look in "What you need to know in the menu if you want to educate yourself on all kinds of home theater instruction.
Power ratings are the first thing that I mention because many manufacturers give you a power rating that doesn't represent an accurate RMS rating.For more information on choosing home theater components and TRUE Power and power ratings click here.
Long story short. Yamaha power ratings are RMS and accurate as a result, the power behind your speakers is solid.
Full surround sound HTiB system with a powerful 100W 5-channel A/V Receiver with 1080p-compatible HDMI repeater with 3D (4 in/1 out), iPod/iPhone and Bluetooth compatibility, 4 SCENE buttons, a high performance newly designed speaker package and a powerful 100W Subwoofer.
The YHT-495 Includes a Yamaha RX-V371 receiver and Yamaha NS-AP1405BL speaker/subwoofer system.
High Sound Quality
- 5-channel 500W powerful surround sound receiver (100W x 5)
- 192 kHz/24-bit Burr Brown DACs for all channels
- High dynamic power, low-impedance drive capability
- 2-way speaker drivers for high power input capacity
- 8” 100W active subwoofer
- 1080p-compatible HDMI repeater with 3D (4 in/1 out)
- Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 120Hz/24Hz Refresh Rates and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- 4 SCENE buttons with direct power on (BD/DVD, TV, CD and Radio) – quick and simple to use
- Front panel mini jack input for connecting portable audio player
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
- iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock as well as iPod compatibility with optional YDS-11 Universal Dock
- Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with optional Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- 9 selectable subwoofer crossover frequencies
- Subwoofer phase select / Subwoofer out
- Initial Volume Setting and Maximum Volume Setting
- Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-240ms)
- Versatile digital audio input terminals (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- 40-station preset tuning / Auto preset tuning
- Auto power down function with variable time setting
- Preset remote unit
- Upgraded CINEMA DSP with 17 DSP programs
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) and Adaptive DSP level
- SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
As I had explained previously, there are a few options in this category (Quality Affordable Surround Sound options) that can be good home theater/pc/media systems that I would recommend. Take a look in the menu under "hometheaterbox" or under "speaker packages" for 5.1 or 7.1 packages for futureproof hardware at affordable prices.
I hope the research saves you some time I'm sure you have something or someone more important to do.