Selling for nearly have the MSRP $2100 this is a solid option for any consumer looking to pick up an HDTV.
Four HDMI ports (three in the back, and one on the right-hand edge); two component video ports, one composite video port, two USB ports (on the side, for playing media), a PC input, an ethernet port, analog and optical digital audio-out ports, and an Ex-Link port for service use. Samsung sells an optional USB Wi-Fi dongle if you can't hook your set up through the ethernet port.
- The Samsung LN55C650 HDTV has a solid line of Web features (Yahoo Widgets, Netflix and Blockbuster on demand, Vudu, and many more) and customization options.
- Player controls at the bottom of the remote let you operate external devices that support Samsung's Anynet+ implementation of HDMI-CEC technology, which permits a single remote to control multiple devices.
- Samsung's on-screen menus look good. There's icons for major categories (channels, pictures..etc) in a vertical row on the left side of the screen, with labels that pop up in sideways type and menu items that appear on the right as you scroll. It's clear.
Samsung Smart TV:
Samsung's Internet features are known as Samsung Smart TV. It looks good has lots of features like Rovi TV listings, Netflix, Vudu, Yahoo Widgets, and (gathered separately under the heading of Samsung Apps) a lineup of popular sites like CinemaNow, Facebook, Hulu Plus, Pandora, and Picasa, as well as some simple games like Sudoku.
One other useful thing the Samsung LN55C650 has is the network capabilities that allow you to update the set's firmware over the Internet, which is far easier than having to download it to a PC, transfer it to a USB drive, plug the drive into the set, and then initiate the update via the remote.
DLNA Certified product:
If you're looking for detailed Specifications:
- Screen Size: 55 inches
- Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- 120 Hz Clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive red Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to
BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon Instant Video and more – all on your HDTV.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: Up to 43% more energy efficient than ENERGY STAR 4.0 minimum standards.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your componets for the best picture and sound quality.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using yoru remote.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TheaterSound
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Swivel Stand
I'll say again, if you're in the market for a new TV the Samsung LN55C650 HDTV is an excellent choice. I think it possesses solid features that will leave even the most picky home theater enthusiast satisfied. The 120hz technology, Smart TV and the "AllShare"(DLNA Certification) are the most vital features that you cannot acquire at the price this TV is going for. Everything you need. Check it out.
original source homepage