Do yourself a favor and understand the meaning of TRUE POWER ratings before making any decisions.
The reason I bring up the topic of TRUE Power is that this product is developed by Marantz who is a well known manufacturer who underrates their specs and have been producing some of the best audio reproduction and accuracy as long as I can remember. Again, I mention this because its 50w output may appear low but I guarantee that the sound this receiver will create crisp accurate sound that will destroy many similar entry level receivers whose output is higher.
Marantz NR Series
This is a 7 Channel home theater receiver in a Slim Design Chassis. Its about 4 inches high and 13 inches deep, making it fit nearly anywhere while maintaining the best sound in home audio by Marantz. Comparison to my Yamaha which is 10+ inches high :(
- 7 ch Discrete Analog Amplifier (50 watts x 7)
- HDMI 1.3 x4 Inputs / x1 Output
- Decoding of Dolby TrueHD, dts-HD Master Audio
- Video Converter for All Analog Sources to HDMI
- Independent Audio Board for Improved Sound
- Simple Set-up with MRAC Auto Calibration
- Component Video x3 Inputs / x1 Output
- Analog Audio Inputs x5, Digital Audio Inputs x3
- Marantz Remote D-Bus In/Out Jacks
- Detachable Power Cord
- On Screen Display for Setup through HDMI out
- Glow Key, Precode Remote Control
- Available Option Rack Mount Kit RMK1501NR
This is the model just up for those who are looking for a little more. It retains the slim steel chassis and all the specifications of the 'NR-1501' range but also includes upconversion from composite inputs to HDMI, advanced bass management features and Audyssey MultEQ auto calibration.
The NR-1601 also has HDMI 1.4 ports for full 3D support and adds extra Dolby processing modes with Dolby Pro Logic IIz and Virtual Speaker which creates a virtual surround sound experience from just two speakers. Heres a demo video to show you a little more on ProLogic IIz
For the slight price difference, this Marantz NR-1601 would be a good idea if you're planning on moving up to 3D or if you're using any analog devices that require up-conversion. The front USB port is a massive feature that can prove valuable as well these days.
in the section about TRUE POWER.
There is no question. This receiver will satisfy you're needs and beat the competitors at this price range with regards to sound quality.