I have gone through enough hardware now that I am in a position where I could last for 10 years without buying any hardware (yaa right). There has been times when tech has been scarce in my home and I've needed to find alternatives.
This is a product that would appeal to those who have their eye on that awesome speaker system and can't afford it and need a fix now.
Coby CSP96 5.1 Speaker System
- 300 watts of home theater surround sound
- Designed for use with 5.1-channel DVD players, computer systems, and more
- Integrated amplifier with 2 connection options (RCA stereo and RCA 5.1-channel)
- Built-in switch allows you to easily change between audio connections
- Full-range satellite speakers with 3-inch drivers (40W peak output x 5)
- Wood subwoofer with tuned port for deep bass response (100W peak output)
- Independent volume, treble, and bass controls
- Magnetic shielding
- Wall-mountable or desktop design
- Subwoofer dimensions: 11.8 x 12 x 4 inches
- Satellite dimensions: 5.9 x 3.7 x 3.6 inches
What's in the BoxSubwoofer, 5 satellite speakers, 3 RCA audio input cords, operating instructions
This product is essentially for someone who wants surround sound for their TV, DVD player or any device with audio. It is powered but it only has analog connections(RCA)(Need to know more about connections/wires?). This makes it appealing to the person who knows nothing about digital media or connections and wants to just plug it into their TV and have 5.1 audio. This product is ideal for that. In fact, I might say its probably a better option than many soundbars on the market as it will actually provide a 5.1 surround sound opposed to a simulated 5.1 sound.
For $50 these are a cheap option to get things going. If you're looking to improve your television audio for cheap this is a good fix to keep some paper in your pocket for more pressing matters.
original source homepage