Now Tablets are very new technology still, as I'm sure your aware the iPad 2 launch is taking place and there is already talk of an iPad 3. What I've inlcluded below is essentially what is new or different from the previous version.
Firstly, here are specifications of the Hardware included with the iPad 2 that Apple has provided:
- It's 33% thinner and 15% lighter than the original iPad, but the screen size remains the same.
- Apple says the battery life will be unchanged - up to 10 hours.
- It will feature a dual-core A5 processor.
- The iPad 2 will have two cameras. The front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime and a rear-facing camera that will capture 720p HD video.
- The new device will come in 2 colors. Oh yes. The mythical white iPad will be available on the first day of sales, says Jobs.
- The iPad 2 will run on both AT&T and Verizon's 3G networks.
- It includes a new Smart Cover that offers screen protection and doubles as a stand.
- A built-in gyro.
- HDMI video mirroring, which will let you mirror your iPad screen on an HDTV.
- iTunes Home Sharing.
- A personal hotspot to share an iPhone 4's data connection over Wi-Fi (provided it's supported by your carrier, of course)
- Apple introduced two new apps for iPad too: iMovie and GarageBand. Both will cost $4.99 and will bring the movie and music editing capabilities to the mobile device.
- The CPU is a dual-core CPU, capable of delivering up to twice the processing power of the previous generation A4 chipset. The company did print that it’s a 1.0 GHz clock speed on the iPad site. However, it’s focus on technical specs isn’t as important as other features. For example, for the iPad 2, tabs for Features, Buil-in Apps, App Store, and iOS 4 were placed ahead of the trailing Tech Specs tab, which was placed last.
- The graphics processor and graphics core are both unknown. Jobs only says that the A5 is capable of delivering 9 times the graphics power of the prior A4 chip.
The iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available on March 11 in the U.S. for a $499 for the 16 GB model, $599 for the 32 GB model and $699 for the 64 GB model. The 3G will cost more: $629, $729 and $829 respectively. The device will be available on March 25 in Mexico, much of Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
You can check out some Reviews on the competitors here: