The Polk Audio IHT 6000 or IHT 3000
As you can see, the Polk Audio Soundbar solution can be an extremely attractive addition to a flat screen TV in a home where hiding wires would prove to be extremely difficult not to mention costly. These systems are at the height of convenience. The reason I say that is no matter what external sources or devices you already have plugged into your TV, you simply plug your TVs audio out using optical into the Soundbar. You plug it into the power. Done. Any audio that came from your TV is now also being sent to your Speakers digitally giving you the experience you're looking for without doing anything else. The wireless sub-woofer makes it possible to place it anywhere that suits your needs. Possibly right behind your couch for full effect?
As you can see here, everything you need is included in the box to just plug it in and press play.
Obviously to make good use of this system will require a Television to get good use out of it. The Soundbar is 2" deep making it one of the smallest on the market.
Some Vital Specifications for the Polk Audio IHT 3000 and 6000 Soundbars differ slightly:
POLK AUDIO IHT 6000
- 4 - 2-3/4" Diameter (6.99cm) Dynamic Balance polypropylene composite cone drivers with neodymium magnets
- 1 - 7" Diameter (17.78cm) Wireless with Dynamic Balance composite cone driver (Down-firing Subwoofer with vented enclosure *Included)
- 280 watts SurroundBar, 160watts; subwoofer, 120watts
- Frequency response 40Hz-20kHz
- The Soundbar weighs 4.75 pounds while the wireless subwoofer weighs 10 pounds
- All included * 6-foot optical cable, 6-foot 1/8-inch analog cable, subwoofer power cord, 24V power supply, quick start guide, remote control (battery included) remote control programming guide, owner's manual
- 2-2" Dynamic Balance polypropylene composite cone drivers with neodymium magnets
- 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm)Wireless with Dynamic Balance composite cone driver (Down-firing Subwoofer with vented enclosure *Included)
- 180 watts SurroundBar, 100watts; subwoofer, 80watts
- Frequency response 40Hz-20kHz
The difference between the two models is essentially is power, and speaker/sub woofer sizes.
Polk Audio has an extensive list of features I've included below:
- SLIMMER, LARGER: Perfect for bigger, slimmer flat panel TV designs. At less than 2" deep, the SurroundBar 6000 IHT complements new slimmer flat-panel TVs. It's lightweight and easy-to-mount, either on the wall or on your shelf. All the hardware you need is included, too. High gloss details match today's TV styling. Your TV and SurroundBar system will look like they were made for each other. (And they were.)
- DEEPER, SMOOTHER: Deep, authoritative bass comes from the compact wireless subwoofer in a stylish cabinet. A flared J-Port design optimizes the bass for bigger volume, reducing port turbulence for smooth blending. Loss-less wireless technology results in absolutely instantaneous response. In addition, universal port tuning in the SurroundBar itself guarantees ideal mid-bass response and smooth subwoofer
Polks SDA Tech. Speaker configuration
- Superior performance from superior technologies. In the SurroundBar 6000 IHT, Polk's patented SDA Surround technology is combined with Polk Digital Logic™. Digital SDA Surround uses complex algorithms to reproduce multiple audio channels without requiring multiple speakers, while Polk Digital Logic is our advanced proprietary DSP firmware (it's the software that does the set-up for you). Even with no complex set up or menu calibrations, and no additional speakers, your ear actually hears sounds directed to audio channel locations (L, R, rear). It's
- With on-board Dolby Digital® , no additional processor is needed. Connect your TV, DVD or Blu-Ray® player, or gaming console directly to your SurroundBar 6000 IHT via optical or analog inputs and experience the magic of single-speaker surround sound.
- SmartBar™ programming enables the SurroundBar 6000 to easily learn volume up/down and mute from your existing TV remote control. You'll use only one remote for the SurroundBar and your TV.
- Simple set up, just plug it in. Use the supplied audio connection to plug your SurroundBar 6000 IHT into your TV or processor. Plug the SurroundBar unit into a wall socket. Plug the wireless subwoofer into a wall socket. Flip their power switches, and just like that you've energized your audio experience. There are no complex on-screen menus, and there's no calibration needed.
For those who would like an addition to that TV this is an excellent pick. This Soundbar is puny and simple. It provides compatibility with 3D audio and provides a solution for those who require it. Giving you a wireless without hassle home theater experience.
The Polk Audio IHT 3000 and the IHT 6000 nearly the same but, for about $100 difference and the type of technology that soundbars represents......I would say take the power and increased speaker size. Guaranteed as slight as the difference is from 6.5 -7" subwoofer and 3/4" difference in speaker woofer size there will be a difference, especially in lower frequencies like deep voices. The 100W power extra helps to. The other difference that was recently brought to my attention that makes it a well spent $100 is the built in digital processor in the 6000 that will decode your audio from whatever source without the need of a stereo receiver!
But really, its a matter of personal opinion and need. At least Polk makes the choices available.